Podcast: Guidelines for Upskilling in the Modern Era of Blended Learning
Additional training insights to power progress.
Nancy Dietz, CPTD, sat down with Rachel Cooke, Chief Operating Officer and Principal HCM Analyst at Brandon Hall Group, to discuss their latest webinar collaboration, "Guidelines for UpSkilling in the Modern Era of Blended Learning". Nancy shares her insights regarding the importance of rethinking blended learning as it pertains to your business goals and the new hybrid environment when it comes to employee development.
- Creating a baseline for upskilling and reskilling
- Determining needed skills by organization, department and individual
- Focusing on the gaps
- Using formal, informal and experiential methods
- Building on various skills
- How to train on skills that need to be remembered vs. skills that are supported by performance tools
- Using an LMS to assist in automating the learner journey
- Client examples and experiences
- Insights from Nancy’s journey
- And more!
Nancy Dietz, CPTD has been in Learning and Development for over 15 years. Nancy’s extensive background in the adult education learning space spans Director of Education Services, LMS and ATS Administrator, Training Consultant and Manager of Training and Development. Nancy’s passion is using technology to increase information accessibility for an organization’s primary resource — its people. Nancy believes in creating training programs to leverage technology to open doors for employees to consume new ideas and refresh existing knowledge. Nancy is an expert at creating training programs such as Service Excellence for Executive and Management Staff for large corporations and designing accessible LMS and student materials.