This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to the Meridian Learning Management System (LMS) websites, applications, products, services and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice (together, “Meridian Offerings”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the “content” processed, stored, or hosted by our customers. See the agreement governing your access to the Meridian LMS for more information about how we handle content and how our customers can control their content. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties or have their own privacy notice.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in the course of providing Meridian Offerings to you.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to Meridian Offerings.
- Information Provided by Meridian’s Customer: The organization granting you access to Meridian LMS provides us information in relation to Meridian Offerings.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with Meridian Offerings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Meridian Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide Meridian Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver Meridian Offerings and process transactions related to Meridian Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve Meridian Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop Meridian Offerings.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend Meridian Offerings that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Meridian Offerings.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Meridian Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote Meridian Offerings or Meridian-sponsored events, such as a best-practices focused webinar.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Meridian, and others.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Personal Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below and with Meridian Knowledge Solutions LLC affiliates that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you, services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through Meridian Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party. For example, if your Meridian Offering includes services, software, and content from a third-party seller Meridian will provide those sellers information to facilitate your subscription, purchases, or support.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending communications, processing payments, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Meridian or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of Meridian, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
Meridian Knowledge Solutions LLC is located in the United States. Depending on the scope of your interactions with Meridian Offerings, your personal information may be transferred outside of the United States. In the event the scope of your interaction with Meridian includes the transfer of information outside of the United States, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
How We Secure Information
At Meridian, security is our highest priority. We design our LMS with your security and privacy in mind.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from Meridian websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Access to Information
You have the right to request access to the information we have collected on you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request within 14 days by sending a copy of transcript data and user profile data electronically unless the request expressly specifies a different method. Note: this data is available through Meridian LMS if you still have an active user account.
Information Correction & Deletion
If you believe that information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us, so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in Information Collection and Use will be deleted. If at any time you wish for us to delete information about you, you can simply contact us.
Meridian Knowledge Solutions ®, LLC
Attn: Corporate Legal Department
80 Iron Point Circle, Suite 100
Folsom, CA 95630
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Meridian Offerings, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concerns about privacy at Meridian or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us at email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you. You may also contact us at the addresses below:
For any prospective or current customers of Meridian Knowledge Solutions, LLC, our mailing address is:
Meridian Knowledge Solutions, LLC
80 Iron Point Circle, Suite 100
Folsom, CA 95630
If you interact with Meridian Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Meridian reserves the right to revise this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.
Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the personal information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
EU and Switzerland - US Privacy Shield
Meridian has further committed to cooperate with EU and Swiss data protection authorities (DPA’s) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU and Switzerland. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU or Swiss DPA’s for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU and Swiss DPA’s are provided at no cost to you.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Meridian commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals in the European Union with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Meridian at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
In the case of onward transfer, we shall remain liable under the Principles if an agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.